Life at IGS
IGS was founded in 2013. It brought together decades of farming and engineering experience to create an agritech business with a vision to revolutionise the indoor growing market with our vertical farming system.
Our system allows producers to grow close to consumers, minimising waste and reducing food miles. By using Total Controlled Environment Agriculture (TCEA), we can maintain precision control over plants, offering local communities varied, nutrient-rich produce all year round.
Employee voice and inclusion
We are a team committed to solving complex challenges. Our culture is based on this approach – encouraging innovation, promoting collaboration, stimulating discussion, and embracing positive problem-solving.
When somebody joins our team, they become part of something bigger. As well as actively contributing to workplace culture and collaborating across the business, they get the opportunity to make IGS a better place to work.
A career with IGS is more than just a job
Benefits & rewards
We passionately believe in looking after our people. If you feel supported, empowered, and valued at work, you will be able to achieve your full potential – that’s why our benefits package goes above and beyond the norm.
- Hybrid working model – working on-site when required, or every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. This is role-dependent. We value the benefits of both face-to-face contact and virtual working
- 35 days annual leave, as well as time off for volunteering, study and development, and a day off for your birthday
- Our pension provider is The People’s Pension. You will be automatically enrolled when you first join and can choose to opt out
- IGS contributes 6%, and 3% comes from your monthly salary. You can contribute additional payments at any point, and we also operate salary sacrifice arrangements
- We offer a market-competitive salary package that will grow in line with increased responsibility and success. It is reviewed at least annually
Private health insurance
- Private medical care is available to you and your family to provide you with affordable, round-the-clock health insurance
- If you suffer a long-term illness, we’ll pay you 50% of your basic salary whilst you recover after 13 weeks absence
- We offer Death in Service payments. In the event of your passing during your time with IGS, we will pay four times your basic salary to a chosen beneficiary in your honour
- We encourage employees to give back to local communities, helping charities, causes or programmes that are important to them
- We also offer employees the opportunity to get involved in community activities such as volunteering, STEM talks, charitable matching, and charitable payroll giving, as well as exemplar impact activities outside of IGS
Company sick pay
- If you are too ill to work, we will pay up to four weeks per year in sick pay at your full salary
Cycle to work scheme
- Join the scheme and get up to 39% off a new bike and accessories. You pay nothing upfront, and the payments are taken tax-efficiently from your salary
We're committed to equality
We know that in the corporate world there can be a lot of hot air about commitments to equality, diversity, fair pay. For us, these commitments are truly at the heart of everything we do. We’re growing rapidly but we still think like a start-up, which means our team sets the agenda in terms of driving equal opportunities for all. Here at IGS our members of staff come from 23 different countries including France, Mexico and Spain.
Our crew work across four core teams to deliver our vertical farming technology to customers right across the world. Find out the key responsibilities of each team below, explore vacancies and discover what makes IGS so successful.
Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Crop Trials & Deployment
Research Engineering, Hardware Engineering and Software Engineering, Support & Supply Chain
Supporting great people
Finance, HR, IT IS, Legal and Admin
Leadership & board
Executive, Operations & Strategy
People are at the heart of everything we do
From the technology we develop to the way we work. But don’t just take our word for what it’s like to work here: find out what our crew has to say.
Here's more from David, our CEO
“I am privileged to have had three decades in business during which time I have worked with some amazing people from whom I have learned a great deal. One immutable truth I have picked up is that the creation of a positive, collaborative and inclusive culture is the only way to build a winning team, scale your business and cope with the inevitable bumps in the road.
Leadership is all about service: enabling, empowering and encouraging those around you. It needs to happen at every level of an organisation. It takes 15 players to score a try on a rugby pitch: I don’t care who finally touches the ball down, nobody delivers success on their own. As a CEO my principal role is to help everyone around me achieve success.
Every person has a role in helping define the values by which we want to live at work: we try to ensure that everyone feels valued and part of something greater than themselves. Fundamentally all this is built on Trust.
I want you to know what to expect when you join IGS, so we open ourselves up to public scrutiny on Glassdoor. You’ll be helping us make this an exciting, vibrant and inspiring journey to improve the lives of millions of people and help feed the world sustainably. It takes special people and a special culture to achieve such ambitious goals. If you think you can contribute to this new story please get in touch and tell us about yourself.”