The origins of Intelligent Growth Solutions
Henry Aykroyd, wishing to grow baby vegetables year round needed light and heat to do so.
In late 2012 he met Professor John Allen whose group at the Services Electronics Research Laboratory made the first practical visible light-emitting diode in 1962. He explained there was a revolution coming where plants would be grown economically under LED lights.
Henry, with a background in farming and food processing quickly saw that a new focus was needed to make the Professor’s vision a reality. The lighting companies thought lights, researchers thought plants and growers thought economics… the three were not connecting.
It was necessary to design everything from scratch around what the plants needed, automate the process and reduce costs.
Interested in joining IGS? Please review our current openings and instructions for submitting an application.
- Serial Entrepreneur with over 25 years in the global enterprise technology sector.
- Award-winning leader, having built, grown and sold a series of businesses in Europe, North America, Middle East, India, East Asia and ANZ.
- Angel Investor with an excellent track record of generating above-market returns.
Managing Director, Agritech
- Dynamic and passioned leader with in the It industry for more than 20 years
- Driving growth and international expansion
- Responsible for leading IGS Agri Tech into a world leading business within vertical and horizontal farming.
- Experiences in the IT industry as well as experience in farming
Managing Director, Commercial Lighting
- A passionate leader with more than 25-years’ experience focused on building and scaling sales operations and delivering results.
- Responsible for leading the rapid growth into the Commercial Lighting arena into new markets, building partnerships and creating revenue from new product innovation and value streams.
- A wealth of knowledge and experience in helping companies maximise their true potential, by building and empowering high-performing sales teams, adopting high growth sales methodologies with a focus towards customer success and scalability.
Founder and CTO
- A qualified electrical and controls engineer with 10 years’ experience in industrial automation, largely at Tornado
- Specialises in the integration between electrical control systems and warehouse management systems
- BEng Honours degree in electronic and computer engineering from Edinburgh Napier University
- Holds an IEng accreditation for the IMechE and IET
- Dynamic, hands-on, commercially minded manager with 19 years of international product and partnerships management, business development and operations experience in the mobile apps and cloud-based software space.
- 15 years of SME/start-up experience combined with 4 years of consulting for large corporations and a proven track record of operational excellence.
- Involved in the mobile applications space since 2001 in roles ranging from product management and operations to business development.
- Masters in Business Studies, EDHEC Business School
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance London School of Economics and Political Science
Director of Marketing
- Seasoned B2B marketer with over 15 years’ experience for technology companies
- Specialised in demand generation, content marketing, marketing automation
- Built multiple, successful marketing programs that lifted company bottom line performance
- Focused on delivery of quality pipeline growth for revenue production
- Experienced Financial Leader with proven track record of business partnering with Senior Executives on a Global level, providing financial management and decision support, enabling delivery of Financial and strategic objectives.
- Focused on providing quicker, clearer and more insightful interpretation of financial data, maximising the effectiveness of people, technologies and systems.
- BA in Accountancy, Degree with distinction Edinburgh Napier University
- CA, Chartered Account at Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
Head of HR
- Postgraduate diploma in HR Management at Strathclyde University.
- Experienced HR Consultant with over 10 years experience.
- Psychology at University of St Andrews
Public and Media Relations
- Communications specialist with over 16 years’ experience as a consultant for businesses in London and Scotland.
- Delivered global awareness campaigns for a range of technology, corporate, consumer and public sector clients.
- Generated worldwide exposure for IGS since its launch in 2018 with over 150 pieces of news coverage.
- MA Hons in History from the University of Glasgow.