Have you ever wanted to work for a company doing something truly incredible, disruptive and working for the greater good of planet Earth? Well, here is your chance. Intelligent Growth Solutions (IGS) is a fast growing innovative AgriTech SME changing how the world grows its food. Our leading edge indoor vertical farming infrastructure allow IGS to control the weather and grow a range of plants, crops, fruit and herbs simultaneously at optimum conditions anywhere in the world.
We currently employ over 200 people worldwide. Founded in Scotland, we are now a global business with offices in Singapore and recently opened in Loveland Colorado.
This is a fixed term maternity cover role to the Head of Legal and Commercial Contracts role at IGS. Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of Legal is responsible for providing legal advice and guidance to senior management and business units, and to ensure that the company complies with all relevant laws and regulations. This role will lead a team of legal professionals ensuring that they are well-equipped to deliver a high-quality legal service to the business. You will provide guidance, support, and mentorship to the legal team, steering the team to achieve short and longer-term goals. Your main responsibilities include:
- Adapt and monitor the legal strategies that support the company's objectives and help to manage legal risk.
- Successfully identify, manage and mitigate legal risks, and provide robust legal advice to the business, inclusive of the executives and the board when appropriate.
- Report on legal activities, risks and litigation. Ensure the appropriate legal reporting tools across the contract and legal functions are suitable and kept up to date, working with the international teams to ensure organization-wide consistency.
- Lead and manage the function, ensuring that team members work effectively and efficiently.
- Review, draft, negotiate and prepare template agreements across multiple areas of the business, keeping under regular review to ensure compliance with applicable law.
- Advise on legal implications of company policies and procedures.
- Prepare appropriate frameworks and documentation to support partnerships and joint ventures.
- Provide training, guidance, and expert commercial advice to in-house teams.
- Manage third party relationships for legal services, including outside counsel, across multiple jurisdictions.
- Work with the team to developing and preparing legal playbooks and negotiation strategies across the different jurisdictions with consistent principles.
- Support corporate governance and regulatory compliance, including data protection and modern slavery requirements.
- Oversee and work with external legal advisors on financing transactions from time to time; and ensure compliance with any current financing obligations.
You are a Qualified Solicitor in Scotland with a valid practicing certificate, with experience of English Law contracts, alongside substantial experience in-house or have equivalent senior practice experience. You have a demonstrable track record of supervision and legal advice, and of leading through others and developing high performing teams. Candidates will need an excellent knowledge of commercial and contract law, and drafting skills. We would be especially keen to hear from candidates who have worked in fast paced engineering, software or technology businesses, supplying services or products worldwide. Naturally, you are consummate communicator and comfortable interacting at all levels, including C-Suite internally and externally.
IGS is able to offer you a highly varied and interesting sustainable products space to work in. Our contracts and legal requirements are complex and international in approach. You will also be working with new and leading technology in a culture geared round “giving back.” We remain open to remuneration on this project – salaried and accruing all the benefits of a typical shipmate or if required as a day-rate limited contractor / consultant. We will require this person to be in Edinburgh but can workaround working hours and offer flexibility and accommodation if/where required.
Please send your coving letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org