Join our team
Senior Software Architect
About the role
HYBRID JOB 3 DAYS EDINBURGH TWO FROM HOME
Have you ever wanted to work for a company doing something truly incredible, disruptive and working for the greater good of planet Earth? Well, here is your chance. Intelligent Growth Solutions (IGS) is a fast growing innovative Agritech OEM changing how the world does farming. Their leading edge indoor vertical farming towers allow IGS to control the weather and grow a range of plants, crops, fruit and herbs simultaneously at optimum conditions anywhere in the world.
Employing over 220 staff between sites in Edinburgh, outside Dundee and Inverkeithing in Fife, we are starting to sell vertical farming towers globally. We are currently scaling up our software function again and looking to make the key hire of a Software Architect.
Reporting into the Head of Software, the Senior Software Architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing applications and making technology recommendations. You will work with a team of industry experts to create reference architecture, and roadmap for the digital technology deployment. You will also be responsible for managing a diverse range of projects across cutting edge technologies developing innovative solutions.
- Responsible for designing and implementing application and making technology recommendations.
- Heavily involved in research and analysis of third party software solutions, and must be able to make a recommendation to use third party software or develop solution in-house
- Use various tools and techniques to troubleshoot / debug application and software issues and be a significant contributor during production Triage calls.
- Proactively identifies and addresses application architecture strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Manage the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
- Work closely with the Architecture Steering Group to assess quality and provide ongoing feedback.
- Lead/Assist Development Leads to understand software development frameworks, best practices and architecture patterns.
- Assist in new hire technical interviews.
You are ideally qualified to Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent development experience. You have significant/proven experience/knowledge of appropriate programming languages, frameworks, application architecture and enterprise design patterns and ideally technical project leadership experience. Expertise in technologies, frameworks and architecture like C# .Net, Angular, Python, JSON, containers, microservices, REST API's, CI/CD etc and in architecting Web Applications using microservices and RESTful services. Candidates will have experience building and supporting mission critical business applications, expertise in application development life cycles/methodologies and the ability to mentor diverse teams and effectively communicate with IT and business leaders.
This represents an incredible opportunity to “give something back” and be part of a culture geared to helping to feed the world. Your leading base salary is complemented by an extensive benefits package including private medical insurance, great pension, long term sickness cover and 35 days annual leave. Career stability and growth can be taken as a given.
To apply for this role please apply to our inhouse Talent acquisition Manager Bruce Hydes.